Other Ramblings...

Monday 13 August 2012

When Things Don't Add Up.

I think that this blog gives the impression that I live a very miserable life, in which I am hemmed in by OCD.

For the last week, I've been on my summer holidays, and I think that the following is an apt allegory for my life in general.  

The holiday was amazing.  I'd be back in the blink of an eye if I had the option and I'd probably never come home again if I had that option as well.  It wasn't perfect: Dad had a back injury and couldn't really leave the hotel, so that meant we couldn't do everything we'd planned, but the weather was gorgeous and the food was nice (and I was trying very, very hard to eat everything put in front of me and not panic about the consequences).  I can definitely say it was one of - if not the - best week of 2012 so far.  

But, and this is the big but, by the end of the holiday, it was taking me ten minutes to leave my hotel room.  I managed - somehow, in the space of a week (!) - to develop a complicated enough string of compulsions to last me ten whole minutes.  And I think they probably could have begun to take a lot longer, but I ended up being quite firm with myself.

I'm not quite sure where they came from, or why exactly I was doing them, although I do wonder whether they had something to do with the stress of returning to normal life at home, because they got progressively worse as my return-home date got closer.  

However, I've had a good couple of days since I got back, which is relieving, especially because I was pretty bad before we went on holiday, so I guess I can't complain too much!

Updatey thing: Sorry that this ended so shockingly!  In my defence (Your Honour), I'd just returned from my holiday and I hadn't used my brain in over a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment